I want to thank God. I'd like to thank my family. I'd like to thank the director. Most of all I want to thank YOU! YOU, my millions of fans! Without you none of this would be possible! *tears*
Ahem. I'd really like to thank Chanel from Cats Love Cooking (a particularly stylish blog by the by) for this lovely award. Recognition is always nice, and it's lovely to know that Stephen and I aren't completely ballsing this whole thing up.
In turn, I'd like to mention some blogs that we find suave and stylish, and then mention 7 unknown facts about us as per the rules of this award.
Now, on some pages it's meant to be 10 blogs mentioned, on others 15, so I'm going to go with 15 because there are so many out there that we think totally rock!
Scandi Foodie - For Maria's touching stories about how food can provoke nostalgia, the healthy-yet-morish recipes, and also the amaaaaaazing photography!
The InTolerant Chef - Gluten and lactose friendly recipes reside here, and they definitely give regular butter and flour recipes a run for their money.
Gastronomy Gal - Apart from the seriously smooth layout and design, this blogger is also trying to incorporate recipes into her blog, and I love me some self-improvement.
Chocolatesuze - I've also long been a fan of the uber-cute layout of this blog, and the bubbly, cheerful posts always put a smile on my dial :)
Grab Your Fork - This is one of the first blogs I'll look at when trying to find a place to eat in Sydney.
EatShowAndTell - For the wonderful design, and the refreshing perspectives of 5 people.
Citrus and Candy - Karen breathes new life into the world of food blogging with her infectious enthusiasm.
The Ninja Review - Intelligent, witty and wonderfully sarcastic restaurant reviews.
Lateral Eating - Interesting restaurant reviews and recipes from a Peruvian point of view.
One Perfect Bite - Mary offers a variety of recipes with some wonderful stories to go with them.
From Donuts To Delirium - The Heavenly Housewife is a positively posh lady who basks in decadence. The design and content are also superb!
Cooking Gallery - These bento boxes are to die for!
The Food Mentalist - An adorable blog featuring delectable recipes and some well-known restaurants.
Lucy Eats - Self explanatory.
Muppys - She cooks. She blogs. She updates regularly.
And there were so many more that I'd love to mention, but just didn't have the room. Next time!
And now for 7 things about us that you might not already know...
1. Stephen is doing a PhD in molecular biology and bio-imaging. I'm gonna marry a doctor, mama!
2. I was a total metal-head in high school. Yep, band shirts, chains, ripped jeans galore. And don't get me started on the eye-liner. These days I tend to dress as a "Grown-Up Goth", lots of black and the occasional corset, but with vintage jewellery and the odd pencil skirt or coloured cardigan.
3. Stephen is awesome at ice-skating. He's so graceful, like a swan! And I'm jealous.
4. I love Sci-Fi. Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1 and Star Trek DS9 are my favourite shows.
5. Stephen did Tae Kwon Do and I did Karate. So we can kick your arse! :)
6. My parents can't cook. Yep, it's either burned steak from my dad or spag bol from my mum. My step-mum's food is at least palatable, but my first exposure to the wonderful world of cooking came from the Lifestyle Channel.
7. I really hate shoes. I like the way they look, but I'd rather go barefoot. Unfortunately it's not really socially accepted in certain situations.
And that's that! Thanks again! :D